Thursday, December 1, 2011

Updated Final project and paper proposal

I've decided to create a project that is more relevant to the art I am working on now (I will still complete the other project at a later time now that I am familiar with Layar).
I will create an assemblage art piece inspired by the 16th century Wunderkammers or Cabinets of Curiosities. One of the defining characteristics of these cabinets' were their catalogues. By using QR code stickers, I will create an online catalogue which will will contain stories and constructed narratives of all the items and vials in the cabinet.
In the paper I will discuss QR and bar codes, their history and significance as they relate to locative art, and the use of these codes to create catalogues or online archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment